Tuesday, November 23, 2021

My First Nativity. [And it has a lamb!]

 


Most people who know me wouldn’t expect there to even be Christmas decorations in my home never mind on display before Thanksgiving. 🎄 It’s never been “my holiday.” I’ve never been a “Christmas person.” I was happy to just move on forward to St. Patrick’s Day ☘️ and was so content to watch the joy on loved one’s faces as they soaked up the day. ♥️
BUT, “Christmas is the season of joy when we get to celebrate Jesus.” And I can’t tell you the odd lightbulb moment I had when I realized: “Christmas is the birth of Jesus.” 💡 Clearly, I’m not referring to the story of the birth or actually knowing what the holiday is about in general. But when I heard “Jesus” it was pretty close (in keeping with the theme) to Buddy the Elf yelling, “Santa!! I know that guy!!”
Jesus! I know Him. 💛 We have been spending so much time together these past several months. We talk all the time now (I still introduce myself before we talk because there are a lot of people down here). BUT— the Jesus that we celebrate in this season of joy, is the SAME Jesus that has been sitting beside me through this season of hurt, uncertainty, pain and grief. He didn’t leave. And He won’t leave (so says Matthew 28:20). So we celebrate with joy 🙌🏻
A special season to celebrate Him (and His birthday!) calls for some early decorating. I’ve never owned my own nativity set. And I will love this gift dearly and pass it down. Sheep have become a big deal to me in understanding my relationship with Jesus (story for another time). 🐑🐑 That’s why I like to think of the girl holding the sheep in the back as a girl witnessing this incredible moment happen in real time.
Or perhaps, just maybe, truly understanding this incredible season for the very first time. 🐑💛

No comments:

12:10PM

I was told I could never be a mother. If you scroll through these posts you will find the entry I wrote when I found this out from my doctor...